Thursday, September 26, 2013
Reponse on "Mass Communication"
Before Mr. Millers' lecture on mass communication, I had no idea what the definition was. I learned that you had to have technology in order for this type of communication to work. I also learned that you couldn't get immediate feedback on mass communication. After I thought about it those things, did make sense. I also had no idea there were steps in order for mass communication to work. Again, it isn't something people think about on a daily basis. I learned that there are five steps to mass communication: stimulus, encoding, transmission, decoding, and internalization. I also learned from this lecture that those steps can be interrupted by either filters (physical, informational, and psychological) or Impediments (environmental noise, channel noise, and semantic noise). I think this really helped me understand and get ready for the other lectures Mr. Miller will talk about. He also explained the material in a way I could understand and remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment