The internet is a wonderful thing
that everyone takes advantage of. I don't know what I would do without it. I can’t
think about not having spell check, or Google at the tip of my fingers
24/7. I think everyone really takes advantage of it now that it’s so available.
The discussion we had in Mr. Miller's class was very eye opening to me.
I
was born in the late 1990s so the internet has kind of always been here for me.
It wasn’t as popular as it is now, but I remember having one of those huge monster
computers. You know the ones with the monitors that took up the whole desk
space? But they were computers with internet access all the same. Also I don’t
really remember when the internet became a big “thing,” but the discussion made
me realize it happened in my lifetime when I wasn’t even aware of it. It just
kind of happened without anyone really aware of it.
Something
I actually learned from the lecture was that all media had to go on the
internet or suffer, but nothing was demassified by it. That was very
interesting to me. I really didn’t comprehend the fact that there are online
stores now, when there didn’t use to be. There also weren’t whole shows or
movies you could watch from the internet. It’s kind of crazy to think about
that someday people will think that the internet was invented and made soo long
ago, when it really became “a thing” in our lifetimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment