When someone mentions movies to me I automatically go back
to my childhood. Those endless hours of Disney movies I made my parents sit
through, including the all-day marathons of The Lion King or Cinderella. This
is what I thought about when Mr. Miller brought up the topic of “Movies” in
class. I had no idea where he was going, and actually it ended up being one of
the most interesting topics we had talked about for a while.
An
interesting question he brought up was “Why do we still go the movies?” That
made me really think for a while. I mean it was a valid point that we have
cable or Netflix now, why go through the struggle of sitting in a movie theater
with people you don’t know? The first answer that came to my mind was the fact
that it was a place to hang out with my friends, or it was a social experience.
There aren’t a lot of places to go in Louisville but my friends and I can
always find a dumb movie to watch. Also it kind of is a tradition; the clique “movie
date” is a good example of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment