Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Response on Magazines


Did you know the first magazine was published in 1741?! That’s insane! Before the lecture I had no idea they were that old. I also had no idea that they were the first national medium. I guess I always assumed that newspapers were, but I was wrong. Also it’s very unfortunate that they too got demassfified by TV. The thing I found most interesting was the innovations that magazines did.

                 The first one is investigative reporting, and I think this one is the most important. It’s even one of the Seven Yardsticks (Enterprise). I had no idea that magazines started that; again I would have thought newspapers had. The next one is photojournalism; since this is the field I am most interesting in I thought that this was awesome! Thank you magazines. I know that they actually had the room to use full page photos to enhance their stories, I mean go look at National Geographic for example. The last innovation was the invention of the personality profiles. I think these were the less important, but they made the magazines a lot of money. I guess you could say people are pretty nosey.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment