Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Response on Radios


The most I get out of the radio is listening to it in the car. It’s really a shame how people don’t realize what radio did. I know I didn’t before the lecture. I had no idea that it was the first live news medium. It actually gave way for “breaking news.” It also made a lot of sense that the radio’s “golden era” stopped around World War 2.

                The most interesting thing I got was actually about the teen culture saving radio after the war. The teens were all kind of rebellious and radio had the rock music they were looking for. Maybe it’s because I’m a teen, but that’s pretty cool how they saved radio before it could get wiped out by TV. The teen culture gave radio the chance to adapt and demassify for niche audiences, like the rebellious teenagers of that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment