Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Response on Tv Terms


Before the discussion of “TV Terms” I was totally clueless. I always wanted to learn about that industry, so the topic interested me. I knew that a break was the time filled by ads. I knew that a block was the actual show. I also knew that the toss was when the reporter introduces someone else. But that was as far as my TV terms went.  

                I had no idea what a b-roll was, and to be honest I still have no idea why they call it that, but I understand that it’s only a video that can be talked over (that’s called a VO). I also learned what VNR stands for. I think VNR’s defiantly violate the Seven Yardstick of Enterprise. The reporters don’t do anything besides play the package, and from this lecture I have learned to look out of those during the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment