I am very guilty of
watching too much TV, but I am not the worst person as I was happy to find out
in the lecture on “TV.” The fact that, on average, TV’s in American homes are
on seven hours a day are insane to me! My family and I aren’t that bad. It also
amazed me how adapted people got to TV’s and how quickly they spread.
I also
have to agree with the fact that TV keeps up inside and draws people away from
other activities. You don’t see kids outside playing as much anymore. When I
was little I was outside every chance I got, and I got in trouble for never
wanting to come in. I’m not saying that is every children, but it’s not as
common as it used to be. A big factor to that is the invention and widespread adoption
of TVs. It’s not the only factor, but it was the start.
No comments:
Post a Comment